Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sushi Sale

Aloha,
Well here I am the night before my departure for Oahu uploading more music for my ipod and cleaning house.
This week has been flying by so far.

Monday Marcel and family put on a sushi sale for Ted and I. Bless her Heart Marcel got up at 3:30am to prepare all of the sushi for our sale. This is the second time she has been so generous and hosted a sushi sale. We owe her big time! It was a success.

Tuesday we went to the school and gave a presentation of the trans America bike trail. The kids were really quite impressed with the presentation and have asked us to come back after our trip and show them our modern day photos. Anna brought her slides from 1979-80 from when she did the bike trail and the slide projector was an interesting topic as the teacher had never seen such an antique. They use all digital equipment these days. It was pretty funny. So thanks to Anna she had the pictures for all of us to see.

Wednesday was my last day of work. Liz the Fed ex driver came and picked up my boxes of personal stuff, it will be there waiting for me in Virginia. 50lbs can you believe it? I can't.
Teri brought over Chili Verde for dinner mmmm very good. So at this point my house is clean and ready for my departure. I have turned over all the keys and responsibilities to Fern.

Ok, I gotta run it's time to change cd's

Keep The Rubber Side Down,
Lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to your reports on the road. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Koki