Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 4 Mineral to Charlottesville Virginia






Aloha Everyone,

This is where we camped in Mineral at the Fire Station and you see the train how close it is Thank Goodness for Ear Plugs! I think the train came through 2times and then we had a thunderstorm and it rained real hard for a while. This was our first night camping. Then we got to use the showers in the fire station. OUr day to charlottesville was another long one we clocked 58 miles. Getting stronger but it was tough we had some good hills to climb and I almost had to walk for the first time. It feels like my legs are on fire or just too heavy to move. We had alot of traffic in parts of this day. We went 30 miles without any services so we prepared for that. We met Claudia and Missy at Kents Store post office and they were very energetic and fun. Please check out Teds Post by going to the right of my page I have a link to his journal. Also, I will put Fabians Link on there too. They have the really good cameras and alot more stories than me. We had lunch at this hitchin Post in Palmyra. We made Charlottesville just before 8pm we are at the Budget Inn across from this awesome Diner. On the road we met Danny who is going towards California and has to be back by mid july. I must go for now. Gotta get the laundry done before we head out.

Keep the Rubber side down,
Lisa

6 comments:

molokai-chuck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
molokai-chuck said...

I am following your trek! I live in southern Illinois...near St. Louis. Looks like your trek may bring you near us. I would like to get a photo of you for our local paper when you come this way.

Aloha and best to you!
Chuck Carnahan

Lisa D. said...

Aloha chuck,

Great yes I believe we come through Southern Illnois through Chester Illinois what city are you in? What is the best way to contact you. I will update my blog on Thursday. Stand by for more information,
Lisa

molokai-chuck said...

Lisa... I live in Mascoutah Illinois....that is about a 30 to 40min. drive from Chester....north of Chester...near Scott AFB. I work in St. Louis for the Dept of Homeland Sec.
I worked as a photographer for the Dept of Defense for for several years... and if possible would like to capture your passing through this area on film. I have a few contacts with some small local papers, and would share the photos with them and your story and cause.
Also....Chester is the home of Popeye...and a good place to dip your tire into the muddy Mississippi.

Stay in touch....Aloha!

Lisa D. said...

Aloha Molokai chuck,
We are going to be staying over in Chester Illinois on Thursday night of this week which is June 12th I think. I hope you get this message. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Lisa

molokai-chuck said...

Lisa....are you to be in Chester tomorrow, Thursday? I get home around 2pm tomorrow...however my wife will be home all day for a call....618.566.2572. We can exchange cell numbers and come up with a time and place to meet. Are you crossing the Mississippi at Chester?

Call tonight if you wish.....

The weather here has been really bad for the last few days....

Chuck