Monday, May 11, 2009

Hours and Counting


Aloha Everyone,

We are down to a few precious hours until the official start. My bags are packed but as I look over I see Ted's bed is still covered with stuff. We had to turn the heat on tonight as we are freezing. Crystal and Anthony came and took us to the Laundromat and out to dinner. We also stopped by the local bike shop and picked up flags, vests and couple other items. Then we went to GI Joes and we purchased our pepper spray, I got a baclava for my face and a hat. So take a look at the photo below and let me know if you recognize this guy and if you do would you be afraid of him on a bicycle cause I am. He reminds me of Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs I told to stay away from me as I am loaded with pepper spray.

One question I have is why do we use pepper spray on the dogs and ring a little bell on our bikes to keep the Bears away? Seems a little odd to me.

We meet Fabian at 7am and we go to breakfast then it's off to Yorktown for official dipping of the rear tire in the Atlantic Ocean.

I'm not sure when we will have internet access again so until then Keep the Rubber side down,

Lisa

1 comment:

bethinphilly said...

Hi Lisa, You've already had quite an adventure and the bike ride hasn't started yet. I look forward to reading more about the trip. Have a great time! Aloha, Beth