Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 2 Charles City to Mechanicsville Virginia




Aloha Everyone,

We left Charles City River Rest Marina about 9am and meandered through beautiful countryside. We saw bunches of Eagles flying low looking for breakfast and hoping we were not it. We stopped about 10 miles in at a little gas station/store and had breakfast sitting outside watching all the local traffic prepare for their days. Ted made a comment about how slow these people move. I thought that was funny since we live on Molokai which is pretty slow already. Then he says I notice these people always say How Ya-all Doing? So I did have a couple of good laughs. Riding on through the beautiful countryside we were amazed at how courteous most drivers were. Only a couple of crazy trucks came whizzing by. The afternoon saw Heavy traffic coming into Mechanicville and we decided to stop and get a hotel as it is real cold in the morning when we wake up. Had a great dinner at Ruby Tuesday then I was off to do laundry next door so when I got back I was too tired to write my log or upload pictures so here is short version for now. Enjoy

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Hey Lisa,

This is Kevin from day 1.
Hope you had a good day of riding today. You are in my neck of the woods.
It was so nice to meet you and the guys on Tuesday.
Enjoy each day as it comes. There is a lot of freedom in that.

kevin

Unknown said...

It looks like real pretty country. Ya'll take care now! Koki