Friday, June 26, 2009

Newton Kansas

The sun coming up this morning.

Another cute Cow she stood still till I snapped the photo

This photo is from last week Ted climbing one of the last hills in Missouri

Teri this photo is for you. I thought you were the master packer but I see this Man has you beat. ;-)

Daisies or Weeds I'm not sure which

Sending My Aloha to Everyone.

Aloha,
Wow we are here after 74 hot hot hot miles. Our first town the store didn't open till 11am and it was only 9am so we pushed on to the next town hoping for food. We found a wonderful bbq buffett in Cassoday Kansas the Prairie chicken captital of the World. After lunch it was before noon for us we had 38 miles to go. We mounted our steeds and rode with the sun. We had nice riding conditions easy traffic good to clear your head. We came upon this Mennonite church with a water spigot outside so I had to do my ritual of soaking myself, I swear I saw steam coming off my skin. I refilled my water bottles and felt like a new person. 26 more miles nothing to do but keep going. No shade really. So we rolled into Newton about 4 pm and were thankful to find our hotel was right here off the route. Yeah............ Ted's family is coming from Topeka tomorrow so we get to rest our bodies and replace our fluids. I am amazed at how my clothes are covered with salt form my sweat. I'm use to a little bit but not this much. We passed a total of 8 Eastbound riders today and it was nice to see other towing a bob trailer like us.
Until next time ,
Lisa

No comments: