Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kansas the Sunflower State

Aloha Everyone,

Well today is like a half day of school for us. We are slowing down so we can meet up with Teds Family in Newton Kansas on Saturday. We are currently only 70 miles from Newton here in Eureka Kansas, so we are spending 2 nights here in Eureka and will leave at 5:30am Friday morning and do the 70 miles to Newton. Kansas has proved itself with her only little set of challenges mainly the Heat. Riding into Toronto Kansas yesterday afternoon we had lunch and then went to the libraby to cool off and one little girl told me her thermometer at home read 110 degrees I believe. The heat really zaps any energy you may of thought about keeping. Nope gone nada bon voyage hasta lavista baby. I cooled off for 2 hours and then made my way to the state park to set up my tent. Our site was right on the lake which was real cool, we found a shady spot. For dinner I had some doritoes and 2 granola bars. Really had no appetite but knew I had to eat something. I managed to get 2 showers in before finally going to bed. The inside of the tent was like a furnace until about 4am this morning when a nice cool breeze came in. AAAAAAA nice. We got up and moving early so we could keep the heat at bay as much as possible, rode to the store and had biscuits and gravy for $2.50 met the cutest dog inside name Nicki. On my way out the door the local kitty cat was making her way over saying where is my breakfast I know you were in there feeding that DOG so give me some too. I think I will buy some cat treats for in the future. She was so cute and playing hard to get I was trying to take her picture but she kept flipping me her backside. We cruised out of town and met up with a couple other guys heading East. Then we started seeing all these other guys going real fast with no gear heading east. We finally figuered out it was the Race Across America, they do this trip real fast the funny part is one guy rode past us and I'm giving him the peace sign and zoom he never even knew we were there.

Some Statistics I just thought about during today's ride

Women drive faster than Men. It's because we are multi tasking
Men wave more often or should I say Gawk. Sorry guys you know it's true.
I think Ted has been drafting me the entire trip:-)
Some signs don't make any sense at all.
Big trucks pass close by because they know it makes my shirt go up.
Melissa Etheridge song says Work, Eat, Sleep it should say Ride, Eat,Sleep
Can I remove the Hills from the Flint Hills?
Cows should be kept as Pets, they are smart and cute.
Don't look in your rearview mirror and expect to keep going straight cause you won't
Bowling alleys and theaters are tough to come by
Wear dirty clothes after 10 minutes youwill smell bad and be dirty so who cares
You know you have entered a big town when you are approaching 150th st.
All small towns have a main, cherry, and 1st street.
All dogs love a good run, cats are too sophisticated to act like that
Everyone is talking about the weather

Ok, It's Hot outside I am waiting for the sun to drift a little more westerly so I can go for a swim in the pool. So as you can see from above my mind is alive and well, I had more but I can't remember them.
Take care Ya'll and know how much I appreciate your cheers.
Till next time Keep the rubber side down and enjoy the ride,
Lisa

No comments: