Sunday, July 26, 2009

We are in Montana The Treasure State






Aloha Everyone,
I'm here I'm here, it's been a tough week trying to find internet access or just having enough energy to actually write something. The scenery is gorgeous some of the prettiest places I have ever witnessed. The Tetons, Yellowstone and Bitteroot area of Montana. Everyday last week we had atleast one climb to do with most days having 2 climbs, these mountains really take a toll on the legs along with the wind. The reward is worth every moment of suffering. There is alot of land out here in the middle of nowhere and people leave their sprinklers on all the time so water is plentiful. I'm sure they leave the water running while brushing their teeth. I had an encounter with a big mean and ugly pit bull. 2 pit bulls came charging out at us and one of them bit into my shoe but he did not draw blood or break through my shoe. I am so thankful. We spent the night is Wisdom and I woke up feeling much wiser and alot colder. We have crossed over 3500 miles. It is starting to feel a little bitter sweet wanting to reach or goal and yet knowing this will be the end of one of those life time adventures. I think it was yesterday my legs were feeling really tired as we were climbing at 4.5 mph and this beautiful soft gentle breeze came up from behind us and gave just the perfect amount of push to make the climb a little easier and I broke out in tears, tears of joy and thanks. We only have 3 more maps to accomplish. tonight we are in Missoula and tomorrow we will go to Adventure cycling headquarters and get out picture taken, they are the ones who made the route possible and they will add us to their wall of fame. Trans America 2009 Ted and Lisa.
It's almost 10pm so I gotta go to bed, but until next time keep the rubber side down and enjoy the ride.
Lisa

1 comment:

seeker said...

Hi Lisa,

I don't know what happened but I posted on here yesterday? Anyway, I just said CONGRATULATIONS on making it to the wall of fame! I'd love to see Montana, looks gorgeous. Take care. Love you.

Maryann