Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Transamerica Bike Trail

Aloha Everyone,

Well as you can see we are getting closer and closer to D Day. I am feeling really good about our ride. I am most excited about being able to raise money for the Molokai Humane Society. I really believe they are one of the most deserving organizations around. How many Vets do you know who operate without running water and electricity? Don't get me wrong they do have water it comes from a water canteen, and the power supply is generator. They also have an outhouse on site "Thank Goodness " Otherwise those hard working folks would have to go in the bushes. Whew, so I am hoping to raise some money for them to supplement what they get from the county. :-0

The reason for my post today is to show you on the map where we are going.

We are starting in Yorktown Virginia, and ending in Astoria, Oregon. The states we travel in all together are,Virginia, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Oregon. The map below gives you a general idea of how we are going. 4247.50 Miles. Ted says it will be more like 5000 after all is said and done. Great!
Keep the Rubber side down.
until next time.

2 comments:

bikerted said...

You do well with that make shift key board. I will be watching you closely on the bike trip. Don't forget, I get lost easily. And when that happens, I panic.

Brenna Uzcategui said...

The big day is almost here! I'm excited for you two! I wish you a successful ride. You are super for taking on this challenge! What an amazing achievement. I am going to spin classes to try and prep myself for a short ride with you. HAHA Just for the finish line. Be sure to smile even when it hurts! Looking forward to August!